Alrighty, trying something new to see if it’ll make me want to blog more.
Welcome to the Wednesday Hodgepodge! Every Wednesday Joyce posts some random questions, and bloggers answer them on their blogs. Be sure to visit her site (hyperlinked through her name) to follow links to everyone else who’s participating. And why not join in yourself?
1. A new Miss America was crowned on Saturday night-did you watch? If you were a contestant what would your talent be?
No, I didn’t. I try not to watch beauty pageants… I find them depressing because the women are so fake. If I was a contestant… my talent would probably be something musical, like singing. I love to sing.
2. Do you have houseplants? Real or fake?
I have an air fern. Right now that’s pretty much it, as I didn’t have any when I lived in my apartment (the windows weren’t conducive to healthy plants) and I just moved into my house, and haven’t even thought about that yet. I’ll probably get some soon… I’d love to have a little windowsill herb garden.
3. When you were in school did you speak up or were you more of the hide your face, avoid eye contact, and pray the teacher didn’t call on you type of student?
As a teacher’s kid, I definitely spoke up and was happy when called on. I was pretty good about doing homework too, except math (shudder).
4. Next Monday marks the Chinese New Year….what do you order when someone suggests Chinese food?
PF Changs here I come! I looooove their oolong sea bass.
5. How would you define a miracle? What would it take for you to consider something a miracle?
A supernatural or highly unusual occurrence that defies all conventional wisdom and science. And it takes a LOT for me to consider something a miracle. It can be a very fortuitous thing, but I don’t use the word miracle very often.
6. What’s your favorite Disney song? If you’re stuck you’ll find a list here.
Kiss The Girl from The Little Mermaid.
7. I should have __________yesterday.
left my cell phone turned off and not answered the phone all day.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Some days I just absolutely adore my job so much… I really do have the best job in the world. I get to play with colors, and inspire people’s creativity every day. This week I’m dyeing Shetland wool and BFL wool roving, and I’m just loving the contrast between them. One is rougher, one is smoother… one takes color well and one is already so dark that each color added just adds depth and a slight wash of color… they’re so different, and yet each is so incredible in their own way. I really do love my work this week.